Saturday, May 31, 2014

✰✰✰✰✰'s for....

Discovering LucyDiscovering Lucy by Laura Dunaway
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won this book about a month ago during and event on Facebook. It took me awhile to get to it, but it was SO worth the wait. I loved Discovering Lucy.

So when this book opens we get a glimpse into what Lucy's life was like before she moved to New York. I really enjoyed Lucy's character she was strong but also damaged due to her past. She was making her best effort at trying to move on alone. She moved away from her dark past and got a job in New York City and was making friends with her new roommate. She wasn't interested in finding another relationship and was constantly turning advances from men away. While she was at work she meets the only man that has made her feel something, Knox Taylor. She finds him charming and attractive, but is sticking to her guns and turns down his advances.

Knox Taylor is a very persistent man and when he wants something he doesn't give up easily and what he wants is Lucy Simmons. He sees her in the store where he is on the board of directors. He asks her for her phone number and she turns him down. Then after a night at work the two run into each other at a night club and things start to progress from their.

I loved these two characters. I loved that Lucy was affected by Knox from the very beginning but tried to stick to her decision of not entering into a relationship. They start out as friends and things slowly start to progress and I love the chemistry between them as things start to get steamy. Knox is such a sweet caring man and it is exactly what Lucy needs. Only she doesn't think she can ever trust another man after her ex. She also doesn't think she can trust her instincts about men since she was so wrong about men before. But Knox proves her wrong and their relationship really starts to take off. I loved the sweet kind gestures that Knox showed toward Lucy knowing that she needed to feel cherished. When they got intimate...boy was it sexy. Those sex scenes are very well written. things are going really smoothly for them and then Lucy gets reminded of her past.

I love this type of storyline because I like to see a woman find her HEA after such a dark past. This storyline is very well written as well as the characters. I love Megan and her boyfriend Sean. They were sweet and funny. I hated Mindy the psychopath though. The author does very well writing these characters so you can easily love or hate them. The storyline runs smoothly and there are never any dull spots that make you want to skip pages or wish it would get good...it was all very good for me. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

 photo DL_door_Fotor_zps57b5f2a4.jpg


 photo DL_shower_Fotor_zps67b89cd1.jpg


 photo DL_office_Fotor_zps403cea14.jpg

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment