Wednesday, May 28, 2014

☆☆☆'s for Blissful Tragedy by Amy L. Gale

Blissful TragedyBlissful Tragedy by Amy L. Gale
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided a copy of this book by the author through Crazy Daisy Book Whore's blog on Facebook for an honest review.

Okay I had to give this book three stars because it just lacked a whole lot. The idea and story were pretty good but there were too many cons for me to make a real connection with this book. I will start off with the things that did not click for me.

I found myself really hating the female lead Lexie. She is a little to whiny, selfish, self absorbed and sometimes an outright childish bitch. I did like somethings about her like who she was when she was around Van, but sometimes they were a little suffocation when they were together. I liked that she had a very strong will to use her degree and try to make her career work before dropping her life for a man she just met. Having said that I hated the way her career played out. It just didn't work for me and neither did the way she acted at work. Another thing that did not work for me was the pace of the book. It seemed to dwell on insignificant things rather than where the story would eventually head. It jumped from one thing to the next pretty fast and the only real thing that went in depth was...well I will get into that during the pros ;).

Van Sinclair is the epitome of rocker when we are first introduced but then his rocker persona quickly shits from manwhore to love sick puppy. Which don't get me wrong is nice when it is executed properly, but after a first meet he is hooked. It never really elaborated on why he was so drawn to her other than he wanted what he couldn't have.

Okay okay okay...enough of the cons because those just drag me down and I really hate to harp on things...now time for the pros.

The sexual chemistry between Van and Lexie as awesome. I loved the sex scenes as they were very believable and were written pretty well. I do think a little more description wouldn't hurt them, but they are pretty steamy the way they are. There are quite a bit of steamy sex scenes between them. I do love the devotion that Van shows toward Lexie and the one she shows towards him when her head isn't shoved up her ass. I liked that Van was very protective of her and wanted to keep her safe. I also loved the friendship between Jenna and Lexie and how it grew throughout the story. I did like the fact that Devil's Garden band wasn't your typical drug, sex and alcohol band and the members seemed to be okay. I am definitely a fan of the way it ended.

If you like rocker romance then this book is right up your alley. I just didn't connect with it, but that doesn't mean that you won't. I looked at some other reviews of people that really raved and loved it, but it just wasn't for me.

 photo Blissful_Fotor_zps8fe9c602.jpg

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment