Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I have drank the Kool-Aid and now I am TAINTED!!!

Tainted Bodies (The Photographer Trilogy, #1)Tainted Bodies by Sarah Robinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, I have had this book for awhile and wasn't really in a rush to read it. I have heard really great things about this series and how everyone has bee sucked into it. These are usually the books that give me pause. I am always sure that I will not be as enthralled as everyone else. But holy crap was I wrong.

I will admit that this book was little slow in the beginning and had me thinking "Really? This is what everyone is all fired up about?" I was even feeling a little down in the dumps that I would have to write a poor review and I have really come to like the Author. That is when shit got real and the story really kicked into over drive. There aren't men walking around with guns and blades threatening to shoot some shit up, but there are some pretty heavy subjects that really consume you.

This book isn't very long as it is part of a trilogy but it is very well written. The storyline is strong and is no way rushed or glossed over. The characters are well written in whether you love them or hate them. There are so many suspicious characters that I am dying to read book two. Lucky for me I have it in my queue :). At first while reading it was hard for me to get into the POV that the story is told from but after telling myself to suck it up I wouldn't want the story in any other way.

So this book starts with how Kate and Derrick meet and it continues with how their relationship grows. This is where I still wasn't sold because I am still in a romance frame of mind...their relationship just seemed flat. But then when the "thing" happened I knew that this book is definitely crime and that is the frame of mind I need to be in. Once I flipped my switch I was consumed with needing more. This is also around the same time that I was starting to get pissed at Derrick and a little ticked with Kate for being such a pushover. But again crime not romance. I am curious to see how all of that plays out...

I am in love with this series and I can not wait to read more!

View all my reviews


1 comment: