Thursday, May 15, 2014

Stupid GirlStupid Girl by Cindy Miles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this book for an honest review. ***May be a little spoiler-ish****

I absolutely fell head over heals in love with the bad ass, dirty mouthed, inked up, pitcher from South Boston. I have always had a very soft spot for Boston. I love that city. Being from Texas I also have a soft spot for books set in Texas. As long as they are well written and this book is very well written.

When this book opens we meet Olivia Beaumont just as she has been through the most traumatic experience of her life and to make matters worse she can't remember any of it. Just the after...Then it is a year later and she is starting her college life hours away from home where know one knows her (so she thinks). This is where that Southie comes in when he quite literally knocks Olivia off her feet. This is where Olivia/Gracie's (Gracie is only what Brax calls Liv) story really begins when she meets Brax Jenkins...Winston Colleges resident heartbreaker with a short fuse.

At first I found that these two characters were just way to different to ever be able to be with each other, but as most great Authors do she made it work. Slowly their characters started changing for the better to compliment each other. Brax was making Gracie open up and she started to trust him. Then of course like all NA romance that huge huge debacle happens and it is really gut wrenching. This Author definitely has the ability to pull emotions through her words. When Brax had betrayed Gracie and their whole fall out happened it was so so sad considering all that Gracie had already been through. It broke my heart when some truths came to light and shattered Gracie just a little bit more. Then things spiraled just a little bit more and more devastation rocked her. Brax stood by her and comforted her and came clean.

What really made me love this story was when everything started happened, I liked that the Author used that to further the story instead of just smoothing right over the things that made it all fall apart to begin with. Most books these days are just written for the HEA and not enough happens to make it really believable. I am very happy with how all the things played...well most all. I still think that KE should have gotten more than a butt whooping.

I definitely think this book is worth the read. It is emotional, funny, sweet and sometimes very intense. The two main characters have such chemistry that you can feel it right off the bat. It also touches on a very delicate subject, but is very well written. Give it a try you won't regret it.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment