Wednesday, May 28, 2014

☆☆☆☆☆'s for The Mortal One by Shannon Bell

The Mortal OneThe Mortal One by Shannon Bell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted this book for an honest review...and boy what a gift.

I really enjoyed this book. I am not really one for paranormal books anymore, but this one is definitely the exception. I got into this book right off the bat. It is different from others and very well written.

When this book opens we meet Dylan while she is in Transylvania feeding her obsession of vampires. She thinks she has hit the jackpot, but soon realizes that the 'vampire' she met is just a wannabe who drink animal blood. Disappointed that she didn't find what she was looking for she moves onto her european vacation. First stop Paris. While she is enjoying the sights she gets spooked and decides to cut her Paris trip short and head to her next destination of Florence. This is where things pick up and get a little more interesting.

This is where we meet Nico. He is exactly what Dylan has been looking for and when the two meet you can feel the connection right off the bat. Nico begins to tell Dylan all about his history and the history of other like him. He also tells her that he has been given a choice of what to do with her since she now knows the truth. He is surprised at the decision she makes...and this is where the story really starts to pick up.

With the decision made 'grooming' begins and Dylan is sucked into Nico's world. While things start to progress suddenly someone from Dylan's past appears even though she has no clue who he is he definitely knows who she is. This turns Dylan and Nico's lives upside down a bit and they have to figure out a way to solve their problem. This little problem really makes the storyline interesting.

Okay my thoughts on this read. I loved the characters even the not so nice ones. Dylan's character is very well written and very likable. She isn't whiny or an overall pain in the ass. She is very certain of what she isn't unreasonable. I really like the parts when she gets caught up in her thoughts and then remembers that they aren't hidden from those around her.

Nico is your classic vampire and I really like his character too. I like that he gets jealous of other men and I like the way he feels toward Dylan. The only thing that would make Nico better would be some chapters in his POV, but it isn't necessary. You can feel his attraction to Dylan through her POV and it is pretty strong.

My next pro is the sexual chemistry as well as the sex scenes. Let me tell you they are HOT. I love their sexual encounters and how they both get caught up in the moment. The scenes are well written and do not disappoint. This storyline is very well written and better than other vampire books that I have read. I enjoyed the pace of the book. It isn't rushed and there aren't a whole lot of unnecessary filler parts either. It is part of a series and I am looking forward to the next one. I definitely would recommend this book if you are into Vampire Romance books. This is definitely a good one :)



 photo the_mortal_one_zps3d16745d.jpg




View all my reviews


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment