Saturday, May 10, 2014

Under My Thumb (Serenade Series #1)Under My Thumb by Abby Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed reading this book. The storyline is a little different than most music romance books that I have read. I did not know that it was part of a series, because sometime I can be oblivious, but I still enjoyed it anyway.

So we meet Prudence when she is leaving London for her band to tour around California for the summer. Only she has already decided to move there permanently. She has had a little bit of a rough time in London recently and she believes that a new start where no one knows her is just what she needs. She has just finished her first show and that is when she meets him...

Cash. He is a television producer with a jaded outlook due to being burned from a previous relationship. All he has now are arrangements and this is what he approaches Prudence with. An arrangement to have a relationship without strings, but no lies.

Everything is going great. They love to be around one another the sex is off the charts and they talk about anything and everything. Then things change and neither one knows how to tell the other and that is when the poop hits the fan and how we are left. Cash is distraught because Prudence left him with only a letter.

What will happen next? Will Cash find Prudence? Will they confess their feelings to each other? I guess we wait for the second book in the Serenade Series.

Okay...Now I will give you my reason for the 4 stars instead of 5. I liked the character really well, but their lack of communication for two honest people was just a tad unbelievable considering that they both usually said what was on their mind. You know honestly and all that stuff. I felt that Prudence and the rest of her band mates just weren't English enough. Their dialogue just didn't feel like people from London, but that isn't really that big of a deal. My other big con was the build up to both Cash and Prudences 'past'. It just wasn't that bad for me to validate both of them being so against relationships and love. But that is just me. That is really all of the cons for me.

The pros. The chemistry between Cash and Prudence is very believable and you instantly connect with the both of them and their blossoming relationship. I like that this focused on their story versus a bunch of nonsense that takes away from the storyline. Even though Gavin was a huge tool I like that he felt so strongly for Prudence. I love the bond that Jeremy and Prudence have. You can tell that they were each others worlds, until Cash. I love Cash's mom and family. They were so loving and you just know that they will give Prudence the sense of family that she so desperately needs. I love dual POV. It is always a big plus when you get to read from the male POV and female POV all in the same book and Cash's POV does not disappoint.

Overall this book is pretty good.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment