Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tempt My Heart: A Brittan McKenna NovelTempt My Heart: A Brittan McKenna Novel by Danielle Jamie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted this book through the Crazy Daisy Book Whore blog on Facebook.

Let me start by saying when I read the blurb and snippets of reviews about crying and such I thought for sure i wouldn't be one of those...well I was WRONG! I bawled my eyes out. This is a powerful story and easily relatable because I remember my own emotions during 9/11 and after. I felt very connected to Brittan and Cane from the beginning. I love that this book starts out going over the past that Brittan shared with Cane. it really helped you connect with her character and feel the love of their relationship. You have to really connect with that part of the story to be able to connect with the rest of the story.

When the book starts Brittan is in rehab and reflecting on her past when she was 15 and just met Cane and from then on their relationship grew to epic proportions for being so young. You can feel their love and chemistry but also their respect and acceptance of each others lives. I love that we get their entire story before the rest of the story takes place. It made the story more enjoyable because I was never waiting to know what happened before that made her the way she is. By having the first part of the book about the past you were able to feel her emotions and understand her character all the better.

The book switches to present day and Brittan has now gone through rehab and is sober and fixing to try living her a life that would make Cane, her friends and family proud of her. What she didn't plan on was dancing with a sexy stranger who all of sudden evokes strong feelings from her that will eventually change her life. This is where another awesome surprise comes in for me...the dual POV.

Jordon Valentine guitarist for newly discovered rock band who knows he is a sexy rock god and has the skills to back it up. We first meet him in the tour kick off celebration when him and Brittan share one sexy as hell dance (maybe more but you have to read to find out). I could tell that these two have some explosive sexual chemistry and I just couldn't wait to see how it all played out.

Of course Brittan is has a triple reinforced wall built around her heart to avoid any more pain that can come of losing love, but she just can not get Jordon Valentine out of her head. She isn't used to having thoughts of a man beyond quick hot sex and she starts to struggle with her feelings toward Jordon and her feelings for Cane. This is where I really love this authors writing style, because unlike most authors she doesn't make you spend more that half the book being pissed off at the two characters for tap dancing around each other. She makes them real and honest. She makes them communicate and open up to the possibilities of their budding relationship. I will admit I spent a good part waiting for the other shoe to drop and the big blow up to take place where they leave each other only to come crawling back a few pages later...but alas I was WRONG again. and that is a really good thing.

I love this book. It is emotional, edgy and erotic when it needs to be. It is sweet and loving. It is fun and entertaining.
Happy reading!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment