Sunday, June 1, 2014

Slade is LIVE two days early!!!

Slade (Walk Of Shame, #1)Slade by Victoria Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy Fucking Shit!!! Slade Merrick is one sexy mother....

I  received an ARC of this from the Author for an honest review. Which sometime can be a little weird because you never want to hurt anyones feelings. Especially on something you know they put a lot of work into. So here it goes...

I loved this book! Right from the first page this book starts off sexy as hell. Don't worry I will reveal nothing ;) you will have to buy this hot steamy book to find out all the details. As we all know from the description that Slade is a walking talking sex machine. He is tatted, ripped and dances his naked body around to please any woman with in range. The Author does such a good job writing Slades character because I am immediate attracted to him and I really want to do naughty things to him *swoon* if only he was real. His POV is very well written too and helps you connect with him right off the bat. I love reading a good male POV. We get little hints here and there about something that happened in Slades past that is the cause for him being the way he is now. Using sex and alcohol to numb whatever it is from his past. Let me tell you when that is revealed it is gut wrenching. I am still a little choked up about it. Want to know? Okay okay...just kidding BUY the book!!!

Okay let's move onto Slades leading lady, Aspen. We meet her in Walk of Shame when Slade spots her dancing with her friend and is immediately drawn to her for his usual antic. I immediately like her because she is trying her hardest to fight her attraction to Slade. The sexual tension between those two is so thick right from the start. I loved it. I enjoyed their hate/hate sex relationship. We also get hints as to why Aspen is back in Chicago but we never really find out until close to the end. When you do it really makes you want to nut check a guy.

This is steamy sexy read. It is meant as a novella and is supposed to be short. The storyline is well written. There isn't a bunch of unnecessary fluff going on that detracts from where the book is headed. It stays constant throughout. I like that the characters never go through an unbelievable change. The changes are good and make you love them so much more. I am excited to see what comes next in the Walk of Shame series!

 photo Slade_1_Fotor_zps0e5aaabb.jpg

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment