Monday, June 9, 2014

5 ✰'s for Twisted Together by Pepper Winters

Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark, #3)Twisted Together by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***SPOILERISH*** (nothing direct that will ruin the story)

BRAVO Pepper Winters!!! This final installment of the Monsters in the Dark Series is phenomenal. Not only did she write a dark and twisted tale, but she did it so awesomely. When I first read this series I had only a couple of dark erotica under my belt and those have NOTHING on this series. I honestly thought that I wouldn't like it but MY GOD I was so wrong. This entire series is written to the fullest with nothing held back and nothing left out. What I love most about Pepper's writing is that everything is addressed at one point in time or another. Nothing is left undone or waiting to be unraveled. I am in awe of her writing and this series is just so wonderfully twisted. I first read Tears of Tess over the past Christmas holidays and I just couldn't consume the book fast enough and was lucky enough that Quintessentially Q had already been released because I devoured that book with a vengeance. Then I was really regretting doing that because I had to wait wait wait for Twisted Together. Man let me tell you this book was my most anticipated book of 2014. I would check Pepper's Facebook page and blog pretty regularly for release date and teasers. Then it got to the point where I couldn't read the teasers anymore because I was becoming really impatient..oh but I did share them. I think this is series that EVERYONE should read.

I will start with Tess. I absolutely LOVE Tess Snow (Mercer). She is such a strong female character and she is what made this story all the better. I love her fierce determination to live and love. I love that she is so strong that the only way to break her was to give her drugs, but she still survived a shell of who she was but she survived. I love that she was willing to forgo her needs and wants just to keep Q happy. This book picks up right where QQ ends. Tess realizes that she no longer craves the pain that Q delivers, but she is actually fearful of it because of what she was forced to do while being held captive in QQ. Only she is willing to hold her truths in order to please Q. For a good bit of the first part of this book I was just biting my nails waiting and waiting for Q to realize what Tess is going through and to see how he would fix it. When Q finally has enough of her hiding and lies I just couldn't wait to see what he would do, but holy hell I was completely shocked with his plan. But for Q and Tess it was the only plan that would make it better.

Q's love for Tess is fierce and so strong that you can not help but be overwhelmed by it when you read from his POV. You can feel his confusion and self loathing when he wants nothing more than to savagely take her, but you can also feel his passion and what he feels for her. I absolutely loved the alternating POV of this book, because it really helped me connect with both Tess and Q throughout the entire story, hell even the series. Q's character really opened up in this book and made him so much more appealing. I am already in love with Q, but this book sent it even more over the edge. I love how Pepper stayed so consistent with his character. She never made any huge uncharacteristic changes in him. Well, that is not entirely true when we first meet him he is a harsh asshole (to Tess), but he still holds that title just with his fierce love for Tess. He is still no nonsense and a man to be feared. He is savage and not afraid to get his hands bloody for the woman he loves.

So, I went into this book thinking that it would just be mostly about them getting married and settling into their new lives. HOLY HELL was I completely wrong. Why I thought this I don't know, because Pepper Winters is anything but streamline and her writing shows. I should have expected the "What the Fuck" and "Holy Shit" and the "Hell Yeah" that I did while reading this book. I should have expected the raw emotion while reading. I should have expected the anger and hatred while reading this book. I didn't really expect those things but HOLY FUCK did I get them. The only thing I expected was to maybe cry tears of joy for Q and Tess. I did cry a few times, some were happy and proud, but the others those were throat clogging and a little snotty tears that I should have expected, but foolishly didn't.

I have touched on a lot of things about this book and I won't give anything big away, because that is just not my style. I loved this book and this entire series. I am overwhelmed with the emotions that I felt for these two characters and even Franco and Suzette. (Maybe they will have their own story who knows). I loved Frederick and his relationship that he had with Q. I love that all of the people that surrounded Q and Tess knew them so well that they gave them something that they didn't even know that they needed. (That was another one of the HOLY FUCK moments) I love that they were always willing to put their lives in jeopardy to ensure that Q and Tess were safe and protected. In this unconventional series ,these characters have the best friendships and love than most of the books that I have read. This series has some really hardcore shit in it that is not for the faint of heart or the squeamish. It is dark, gritty, twisted and sometimes really fucking ugly, but it is also so so beautiful. This is my all time favorite series! After reading this last book I can honestly say that this is my FAVORITE series.

This series is a MUST read!!!

 photo Tess_Mercer_zpsa020d67f.jpg





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment