Tuesday, June 24, 2014

5 ✰'s for Sound Advice by L.B. Dunbar

(Amazon Buy Link ^)

(Facebook Page ^)

Blurb:

“Nana’s Rules to Live By”

Gentlemen should always open the door for a lady.

I was busy and I didn’t have time for a vacation, let alone a weekend away. When a frantic phone call from an old neighbor brought me to my grandmother’s summer home, I wasn’t prepared for an extended stay. And I especially wasn’t prepared for the man holding the door open to the radio repair shop who made a lasting first impression.

In attempts at a relationship, a gentleman should always make the first move.

Calling Jess Carter’s clenched jaw and denim-colored eyes part of his standoffish manner was an understatement. His brooding exterior bordered on being downright rude. From the moment I bumped into him, quite literally, our lives began to intertwine in a way that made me question what I wanted.

Children should be seen and not heard.

Jess had secrets and I was determined to get to the bottom of them. Even he didn’t know the solutions to all his problems, I wanted to help. In doing so, I might have drawn too close to the truth, forcing Jess to risk something he wasn’t sure he could chance again. I had decisions to make for myself and it’s hard to know whose advice to take when so many questions remain unanswered.




✭✭✭✭✭


***I received a copy of this book from the Author for an honest review***

This book is such a heartwarming read. I really enjoyed Emily's loving character. I will admit at first I thought that she was going to be a whiny self absorbed brat that was forced to visit her grandmother, when all she wanted to do is live her city life. But I was so wrong. The genuine sincerity of her character was amazing and I connected with her instantly. I have another confession...I absolutely hated Jess at first. I found him to be so rude to Emily of no reason at all, other than she seemed to remind him of his wife because she lived in the city and was visiting the small town. But holy cow did those two have some built up sexual tension. I will get back to that.

The turn around point for Emily and Jess started when she made the effort to befriend his daughter, Katie, and really showed the genuine interest to help them. I fell in love with Katie right off the bat. Such a sweet girl just trying to do what she thought she had to. Emily really made a strong effort to help both Katie and Jess with the "curse" that plagued them both. While Emily has made it her mission to help them, she too suffers a tragedy and it is Jess who is there to help her and things really start moving forward, but there is always a hesitation on Jess' part, because he knows that Emily's days are numbered in his small town. Neither of them want to hurt each other and Jess needs to think about not only himself but Katie too.

Jess seems like such a jerk in the beginning when him and Emily first meet. He seems to really dislike her and Emily has no idea why until a childhood friend explains what it couple be. Although he is a jerk to her Emily is still nice to him and his daughter. All three of them grow close. Jess and Emily have some serious sexual chemistry and let me tell you it is SIZZLING. There are so many situations where the build up is so intense that I think I will spontaneously combust if I don't get the pay off. Is there a payoff? I guess you will need to buy the book and read it to find out.

This author definitely has the ability to write a story to keep you interested and her steamy scenes and just that STEAMY!

If you like great characters with a heartwarming storyline then you should definitely give this book a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment