Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)Whisper to Me by Christina Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a reviewers copy through NetGalley.

I really loved this book. I started this series with book two because the description sounded really good and it didn't disappoint. I requested to review this book because Rachel's character intrigued me in book two. I really need to go back and read book one also because I absolutely love this authors writing style. Most people would probably argue that there isn't enough sex in these books but the sexual tension and chemistry more than makes up for it. I love a book when you can connect with the main characters right away. I felt the raw emotions from both Kai and Rachel's POV's. That is another thing I love about this series, the dual POV's. I love reading from the male perspective because it just adds more to a story.

I am going to start with Kai. He is everything you want in a BBF. He is smoking hot with his long hair, calloused musician hands, pierced...(I will let you find that one out on your own), his sweet loving personality, the protectiveness he has for Rachel and just the overall personality that always shines through with him. He is always thinking about Rachel and how to make her life better and easier and it just so damn sweet. I love Kai. His character really grew from the beginning and I was eager to find out what he was going to do with his new found outlook.

Alright let's get to Rachel. If you have read the other books in the series (or book 2 like me) you already know that Rachel was a carefree girl who just hooked up with jocks and then went about her business. Well, we find out that this is not who she is at all but who she wants people to see her as so she isn't treated differently. We find out that she had a devastating accident 3 year earlier and her boyfriend Miles really screwed with her head. After being thrown from a motorcycle and loosing many bodily functions with a bleak outlook on life and having her boyfriend break up with her because he couldn't deal with her recovery. Rachel pushed herself and made a full recovery with the help of her childhood best friend Kai...and let me tell you their story is filled with sexual tension.

This is good and I would definitely recommend as a quick sweet read with that HEA everyone is always rooting for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment