Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is so gritty and dark. So many things that make you cringe but at the same time it is impossible to put the book down. I loved it. I loved Tess and her will not to be broken by her circumstances. Instead she rises to the occasion and embraces her darkness that eventually frees her. I hates complacent Tess from the beginning with her comfortable Brax. I hated that she bent to his likings more than asserting her wants. I loved her strength throughout her Mexican captivity even though she knew it wasn't for her own good she still fought not to be broken. The a she was sold...to who? Q hot rich man who wanted to break her but battled with his demons. I loved their fierce connections when they where together.

This book is riddled with so many dark things. If you dislike abuse, trafficking, submission and rape do NOT buy or read this book. It is not a sunshine and daisies type of read. It is soul sucking and will leave you reeling. It is fantastically written with even better characters that get into some scary situations. I am onto book 2.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment