Monday, April 28, 2014

That's a Lie (Promises, Promises, #2)That's a Lie by Victoria Klahr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One- I was gifted this book for an honest review...Two- Holy freaking cow Seth Montgomery can be my BFF any day...Three- I am absolutely hands down, no doubt about it in love with this series...Four- He who must not be names is a tool...Five- I can NOT wait for the third book because that epilogue definitely sucked me right back in after I was satisfied!

Okay so I already said that I was gifted this book front the Author through Crazy Daisy Book Whore blog for an honest review...well honestly I love love love this book so much more than the first but I also appreciate that I wouldn't have the second without all the s*** that happened in the first. Just like my review for That's a Lie says that I never read any reviews before beginning the series...that is also true of this book. I didn't want to know what was coming. I just read the description and immediately I knew that this book would be even more awesome than the first. Also, I want to add that I finished this book last night before bed and I wanted to write my review in the morning with fresh eyes and to also let everything marinate. That was either a really bad idea or a really awesome one. I woke up thinking about this book. I couldn't get all my thoughts together with what I wanted to write about and I could not get over the epilogue. I let is soak in and it took over every thought while going through my morning routine. I guess you would have to say it was a good idea because if the book wasn't so freaking awesome it wouldn't have consumed my thoughts. So on with the review...

***Possible spoilers but I will try my best***
Obviously if you are reading this book you have read the first so you know some of the stuff that went down. We all fell in love with Josie but there were sometimes you just wanted to shake her and to tell her to wake up and be honest with herself and everyone around her. We fell in love with the "In front of Josie" side of Blake. We also meet Seth and love him too. I will admit that in book 1 I was partial to Blake with a really sweet spot for Seth. Then the end of the book came round and I was so so ready for this book 2.

Seth is back and he is back for the love of his life his Pussy Cat. When this book begins it gives a glimpse into the childhood friendship that Seth and Josie have had since they were 6 years old. Then it picks right up where we left off from book 1. The new thing that this book had that book 1 didn't is the dual POV and I am such a sucker and I love love love reading from the male POV. With this added bonus to the book we get to see another side of He who must not be named and you just really want to junk punch him. I know that Josie is partial to the face punch but he really deserves a little bit of junk punching...until the end when he comes to his senses and stops being such a tool.

In this book we learn so much more about Josie and who she was/is/and wants to be and it is all with the help from Seth. Josie's character in this book really opens up and realizes that keeping things in is just consuming her and getting her nowhere. So really get to see the honesty in the relationship that she has with Seth. He came back to town with one set goal and that goal was to win his girl and give her the life he knows they should have...only something happens pretty early on when Seth is just about to break down Josie's walls and she starts to push away all her romantic feelings about Seth and just wants to continue as friends. Seth is having none of that and this is why I love Seth Montgomery. He knows what his Pussy Cat needs and he isn't going to give up so easily.

This books flows smoothly and has a fast storyline so you are not stagnating in a story that is going nowhere. It covers so much and it is done well. This author knows how to spin a tale and leave you satisfied with what happens and in the last page she reels you right back in and you are salivating for more. I NEED more of this story because that epilogue was a doozy!!!

You will fall in love with Josie all over again...You will absolutely fallen love with Seth even more...You will be enjoy all the parts told in Seth's POV...and You will appreciate Seth's character because of things he reveals from book 1.

I absolutely hated this book...That's a Lie ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment