Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Review ... Just One Song by Stacey Lynn


Just One Song



Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, made complete with the suburban home and the proverbial white picket fence. When tragedy struck and she lost the most important people in her life, she turned away from everything she loved before; shutting out every reminder of the perfect life she lost. 

It has been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident, and Nicole is ready to stop counting the days she’s survived, and begin living again. 

On a dare from her best friend, Nicole encounters Zack Walters - the popular alternative rock star and man who signifies so much of her past – and suddenly everything in Nicole’s safe and quiet life changes. 

When she’s forced to face the pain she’s carried for so long, will she truly be able to heal from her past and begin to live again? 

Or will her new adventure ruin her completely?



BUY THE BOOK
AMAZON US . UK 



5 STARS

I absolutely LOVED this rock star romance book. I have had this book on my kindle for ages and I finally decided to read it and oh my goodness was it worth the wait. 

There are so many great things about this book that I love and that I have not seen in any other rocker romance books. I love the heavy emotional aspect of this book. I NEVER cry while reading book...okay I do get choked up and my eyes tend to sting, but hardly ever are there actual tears...this book has made my list of ugly cry books. I cried not once but twice!!! I like that Zack is not your bad boy rocker that you just love to hate. His character is so amazing. Sure he did use his fame in the beginning, but he has grown past that. I like that all the usual things you expect to happen, don't. There was never a part of this book that I just wanted to skip over to get to the next. The flow and pace of it kept me sucked in and really wanted to know what would happen next. A lot of times I just did not see it coming, but I loved how it all would work out. I also loved that we got a few bits told in Zack's POV, I LOVE a great male POV!

So, this book starts off with the female lead deciding that she is going to try and move on with her life after a horrific accident claimed the lives of her husband and son. She decides that they wouldn't want her to be living the non-life she has been living. A night of expanding her comfort zone leads to her meeting the next phase in her life. 

Zack Walters is just tired of being used for his fame and status. He wants someone to want him for who he is and now what he does for a living. When we first meet him and his friend Jake you can tell he is a little put out and doesn't trust that Nicole has no idea who he is. When they do realize that she is indeed genuine, well lets just say it is the beginning of an awesome story. 

I really enjoyed getting caught up with these characters and their story. Both Zack and Nicole are excellent characters and so easy to fall in love with. This book is a must read and I am just so glad that I finally read it. I will now have to read Just One Week when I get the chance...I need to know what is going on with Mia and Chase. 


No comments:

Post a Comment