Monday, June 29, 2015

Release Day Blitz & Review ... The Allure of Julian Lefray





Title: The Allure of Julian Lefray


Author: R.S. Grey


Release Date: June 29, 2015


Find on Goodreads






From: JosephineKeller@LLDesigns.com

To: LilyNBlack@gmail.com

Subject: Justin Timberlake Nudes!



Lily, you predictable perv. I knew you’d open this email faster if I tempted you with a glimpse of JT's “PP”. Well, put your pants back on and grab some bubbly because I have much better news to share.

I GOT A JOB!

As of tomorrow, I’ll be the new executive assistant at Lorena Lefray Designs. I am SO excited, but there’s one itty bitty problem: I won’t be Lorena’s assistant. I’ll be working for her older brother, Julian.

I know what you're thinking- "But Jo, what’s the problem?"

Google him. Now. He’s the man in the fitted navy suit whose face reminds you that there’s hope yet for this cruel, ugly world. Keep scrolling…Do you see those dimples? Yup. That’s the Julian Lefray I will be reporting to tomorrow morning.

Lord, help us all...


XO,

Jo 








4 Stars 

**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

The first half of this book was excellent. I loved the relationship between Julian and Josephine. Their flirty chemistry was a great build up and made their friendship more enjoyable. The sexual tension between the two of them was off the charts but I loved that it was also mixed in with tons of comedic relief. Especially during those sexually tense episode they kept finding themselves in. 

Julian's character was pretty much every woman's fantasy, rich, sexy and oh so sexy. I loved his devotion to his sister and to helping her business stay afloat while she was going through her issues. I really liked his friendship with Dean. I loved that they busted each other's balls and I liked the overall vibe of their friendship. I even enjoyed that one moment that Julian shared with his mother and also with Josephine's mother. Julian is just an overall well rounded book boyfriend. 

Josephine is such a breath of fresh air for a female leading lady. I loved her personality, all of it. I loved her silliness, I loved her inner dialogue, I loved her sweet disposition, her work ethic, her drive to get a job and I loved her devotion to those who mean so much to her. I really liked that she put her situation with herself and her friend, Lily, before her attraction to Julian...well until she couldn't fight it anymore. But by that time things were beginning to look up for her. Really up. 

Now the thing that just didn't float my boat was the sexy scenes, when they finally come around. All of that just fell flat to me. After the build up and all the flotations and the really great friendship Julian and Josephine had, their romantic relationship just didn't really win me over. I enjoyed the beginning way more. I also felt that at times there was too much  outside stuff going on. I don't want to give any spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that. 

Overall it is a pretty good read and I liked how the end hinted at what is to come. 










I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.












No comments:

Post a Comment