Friday, July 24, 2015

REVIEW .... The Casual Rule by AC Netzel





The Casual Rule
by AC Netzel 


Julia Conti is living the dream in New York City. She has a job she loves in publishing and shares an apartment in the Village with her lifelong best friend, Allie. Following a bad break-up, Julia swears off of men and relationships, until she meets Ben Martin, an up and coming author who is smart, sexy and very easy on the eyes. Fueled by their mutual attraction, close working relationship and fear of relationships, Julia and Ben embark on a purely physical affair, following the Casual Rule. As they bring each other further into their lives, their casual status blurs. Can she keep sex and love separate or will feelings take hold and Julia get her heart broken again?

A little sweet, a little smutty, a little snarky.
Recommended for readers 18+ due to sexual references and sex scenes

**CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE***


BUY THE BOOK NOW FOR ONLY 99¢ 
Sale ends July 27th
AMAZON US . UK 





5 STARS

The Casual Rule is witty, funny, snarky, sexy, heartbreaking and oh so heartwarming. 

I fell in love with Julia in the first chapter. I loved the witty and snarky comments that she and her best friend Allie exchanged. I loved the silly and just downright dirty things that they say to each other and I love that they went "sight seeing" in Central Park. I love that they are such good friends that they can be openly honest with each other even when it hurt. 

"Ah, excuse me. Do you have the time?"

The dare that set things in motion with Juila and Mr. Khaki Shorts with the super sexy V that makes even the smartest woman stupid. I love that their first interaction wasn't that of the insta-love variety, but the insta-lust with a tad bit of insta-hate. That is what I really liked most about this book that everything was worked up to and not the insta-variety. After Julia resigns herself to the fact the Mr. Khaki Shorts is an ass, she goes on about her merry way...well that is until they keep running into each other. She finds out that he is actually an aspiring author, Ben Martin, whose manuscript she has been editing and now she has to work with him. She decides to keep it professional, but their attraction is just to much to deny. 

Thus starting her very first casual relationship. I liked that everything keeps at that pace and that even though I know things are heating up and they are going to change I love that it happened gradually. I loved that both characters had flaws. I liked that super sexy Casual Ben is a little bit geeky. I like that Julia is a bit of a slob. I like that nothing is ever perfect...well the sexual chemistry between the two is pretty awesome. Ben made Julia feel beautiful and I really really liked that. 

So of course things don't always go the way that they are planned. Julia realizes that she grew to have feelings for Ben and when he couldn't reciprocate she ended things. This is were this book really won me over. Even though Julia did not want to lose him she knew that it would not be good for her to continue seeing him. I liked that even though it crushed her she kept strong. I liked that it wasn't a rushed reunion when Ben finally came to his senses. I loved that when things are finally all aired out and in the open Ben makes some really surprising confessions. 

Another thing that I really liked about this book is that even though is was told in one POV, Julia's, I still connected with Ben. I was able to sympathize and fall madly in love with him. Even though I wished there was a little glimpse into his head, I feel like the author did a fantastic job in writing his character in a way that made me love him. 

This book is just so fantastically well written and I really enjoyed getting to know Ben and Julia. I will be making time to read the next book The New Rule bacause I need to know how things play out with these two characters and even with Cam-eel and Elizabitch. If you are looking for a contemporary romance with wit, snark, sex and love then you should read this book. 


Also Available...

The New Rule 



Blurb
Madly in love, Julia and Ben have taken their casual friends-with-benefits relationship to the next step... a committed relationship.

Can a snarky girl from The Village and a former commitment-phobe survive real life dating or do old habits die hard?

Recommended for readers 18+ due to sexual references and sex scenes

A little more sweet, a little more smut, a little more snark.


BUY THE BOOK FOR ONLY 99¢
Sale ends July 27th
AMAZON US . UK 

No comments:

Post a Comment