Friday, October 2, 2015

New Release & Review ... Something for the Pain by Victoria Ashley



Something for the Pain

Buy the book...
Amazon US. UK


Synopsis:
Tempting, inked and highly addictive. Alex is all that and more…

I’ve made a lot of mistakes – ones I’m not proud of, and definitely ones that have left their marks both mentally and physically.

Things got lonely; I got lost in my own fucked up mind and in the end it left me fucked out of my mind and unable to fight – or at least win. That life’s over for me and I’ve moved on.

Six months into tattooing at Blue’s and already I’m the most wanted and sought out tattooist. My biggest clientele consists of women.

They come into the shop, end up in my bed and we both come out happy. It’s been my release since I’ve stopped fighting. It’s become part of the “new” me.

But when Tripp reappears in my life, I can’t deny the fact that I would do anything for that girl.

So when she asks me to move in with her and her ‘boyfriend’ – our other childhood friend – I never expected for things to get so fucked up and twisted that I would find myself only more attracted to her by each passing second or wanting to protect her from everything that isn’t me.

I have worked so hard over the years to suppress my feelings for her but when I find out that her and Lucas have been having an open relationship, I have the strong urge to rip his heart straight from his chest – to destroy the very thing that keeps him breathing.

What I didn’t expect was for Lucas to ask what he did. For him to ask me to do the one thing I have secretly longed for since I was old enough to know what the need was. The second thing I never expected was the look of need that I saw in Tripp’s eyes when he asked.

One night of free passion could change our lives forever.

I never said that was a good thing either...



4.5 STARS

**I received a copy for an honest review.**

Victoria Ashley has done it again. She drew me into this story and I couldn't wait to see how everything would play out with these characters. I'll admit that I HATE a love triangle, it is just the worst to me, but when I started reading this book I couldn't help but be sucked in and really want to know how Alex and Tripp would play things out. 

Immediately I could feel the overwhelming sexual tension rolling off these two. All of their interactions we just filled with raw sexual tension and I couldn't help but wonder how they had ignored it for so long before. When Tripp's not boyfriend suggested that they let go for one night and pleasure each other, well let's just say that everything just got even better from their. I really don't know how the two only thought that they could have the one time and be done. 

Alex and Tripp were made for each other and even though it took them thirteen years to figure it out, I am glad that they did. I really liked all the steamy sexually tense parts of this book, but I really loved the parts where each character showed their vulnerable sides as well. I liked that Tripp and Alex had the friendship that everyone wants and I like that their friendship was like what most couples want too. They were just so perfect with each other. Both so dedicated and loving to one another. I love that they are in each others lives so much. I also love that everyone around them could see the love that they had for each other. A love that most people search for and they had it all along, but were too scared to lose each other to try anything more. 

The ending to this book is great. It made me smile and love all the struggles that they had to go through to get their Something for the Pain. 

This is a MUST read if you are a Victoria Ashley fan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment