Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Release Day Blitz with Reviews (Gable and Zeke)... Loch by Harper Bently


Title: Loch (The Powers That Be #3)


Author: Harper Bentley


Release Date: Sept 30, 2015


Find on Goodreads






Loch Powers was the hottest guy I’d ever seen in my entire life.


And I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I'd practically known him since birth. Heck, we’d literally shared a crib as babies at his mom’s daycare.

Then I’d crushed on him hard when we hit middle school but he wouldn’t give geeky, glasses-wearing me the time of day. When his mom made him take me to the sixth grade dance, he’d humiliated me and I vowed to never talk to him again. 

The next year when my family moved away, I told myself that if I never saw him again it’d be too soon.

Now I’m back and attending the same college, but I’m no longer the skinny, ugly girl who was so infatuated with him. And I’m so over him it’s not even funny. 

But now that I’m no longer the ugly duckling, he’s set his sights on me, and I’m just not sure what to do with that.









LOCH
The Powers That Be #3

4.5 STARS

** I received an ARC for an honest review.**

This is my favorite of the Powers That Be series so far. I LOVE LOCH. I love that he is so sweet and genuine, but at the same time he keeps his cocky alpha male personality. 

I was a bit worried at how things would play out between Simone and Loch, but they went to great. I really liked that they both are so suited for each other. They really are perfect and compliment each other well. Even though I wanted to slap Simone around a couple of times I think she handled thing well enough considering she was talked into going through with Triple C to begin with. I also think that Loch handled it all really well and that made me love him even more. But I do think that they both have a bit of a temper, only Loch does put that in perspective at the end. 

I liked that we get to see a little more of Ryker in this book and get to know him a little more and am excited to see what his story will hold. I would have liked to see some of the previous characters in this book just to see how they are doing now, hopefully they will make an appearance in the next book. 









The Powers That Be #1

4 STARS

**I received a copy for an honest review.**

This was a quick and short read. It was also pretty enjoyable and Gable is definitely a bit drool worthy. I enjoyed the quick pace of this book and I also enjoyed the characters. the fact that this book was so short did not take away from the storyline or character development. I loved that at the end that we get a little bit of Gable's POV and it was well worth the wait. 

This book was very enjoyable to me. 



The Powers That Be #2

3.5 STARS

**I received a copy for an honest review.**

I felt that this book had a little to much push and pull of my taste. Especially for such a short read, but I still enjoyed it. I really liked Scarlett and her very strong characters. The fact that she is so dedicated to her family and committed to making something of herself really won me over. But there were times that she confused me with her back and forth and at times I thought that she was a little to weak emotionally. But considering all the stress of her life I can also see that at times her limits of crap she could take would be reached. I did like her bestie who seemed to be there for her and helped to keep her grounded when things go a little crazy. 

Now, Zeke Powers definitely did the Powers boys justice. He is so so sweet and genuine. I really loved him. I think I liked him more that Gable because his character was much less broody and he seemed to know what he wanted. I do feel that I wasn't able to connect with hime though. I think I would have liked a little more of his POV. 

I do like that at the end of these Powers books that we do get a small glimpse into the male POV. 







Harper Bentley has taught high school English for 22 years. Although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a military brat, having lived in Alaska, Washington State and California, she now resides in Oklahoma with her teenage daughter, two dogs and one cat, happily writing stories that she hopes her readers will enjoy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment