Friday, September 18, 2015

Review ... Complicate Me by M. Robinson





Complicate Me 
The Good Ol' Boys Series, Book One



It was complicated, it was also just the beginning.

A decision.

A simple choice.

There is always that one moment in life where things could have been different. That one moment where you could have chosen a path that would lead you down a certain road.

A different life.

It was easier to pretend that we were still best friends, and that she was my girl and I was her boy.

Pretending was better than knowing the truth...

I. Ruined. Us.

I had her.

I lost her.

I love her.

All I did was complicate us.

Standalone series. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Strong language and sexual content, not intended for readers under 18.


Buy the book...

AMAZON US. UK 



5 STARS

**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

This is my first M. Robinson book and I am blown away. She had me hooked from the prologue and I was hanging on every word until the end. She did an amazing job making me connect to all of these characters, not just Lucas and Alex. I loved that this book follows their ENTIRE story. That it doesn't skim over all the ugly less flattering parts, everything is out there laid bare and I could feel every emotion Lucas and Alex experienced throughout their lives. 

Some parts of this story I hated...absolutely loathed...I wanted to close my eyes a look away and pretend that it wasn't about to happen or happening. But I just couldn't I had to keep reading. I had to feel everything that Alex and Lucas felt, because it was so consuming. There are so many emotions in this book. So many heart aches and heart breaks. So many happy times and so many sad times. This book has it all and it won me over completely. 

I didn't know how I would like the timeline of this book after the prologue, but this book couldn't have been written any other way. There was no other way to tell Half-Pint and Bo's story, it had to be from the beginning. Their story started out so young, but even then you could feel the strength of their bond. You could feel the magnitude of what they meant to each other. Sometimes they gave in to their urges and other times they handled them poorly, but it all had to play out the way it was supposed. The way that would lead them to their path. 

It wasn't easy for them and at times I was sure that it was impossible. That too much happened for them to be able to move forward and strengthen their bond, but if things happened any differently I don't think their story would have been half as special. 

I am really excited for more from this author and definitely more of this series. This is a MUST read! 





No comments:

Post a Comment