Friday, August 28, 2015

Release Day Blitz & Review ... Take A Chance by Micalea Smeltzer






Title: Take a Chance
Series: Willow Creek #4
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
 Release Date: August 25, 2015


Blurb

I had life all figured out.

Married with a baby on the way I stupidly believed that things were perfect.

But then the good guy I fell in love with turned out to not be as good as I thought.

I was left alone to pick up the pieces of my life and provide for my daughter.

And then I met him.

Hayes.

The bad boy that just might not be so bad.


Three years after her husband walked out on her Arden James is struggling to make ends meet as a single mom. Despite it all, she knows she’s better off with her ex out of the picture, and so is her daughter. 


Josh Hayes—player, jokester, and very naughty boy—is the guitar player for the band Willow Creek. He’s used to living the fast life, but suddenly it doesn’t appeal to him anymore, and he has his sights set on the fiery Arden.


Despite their undeniable chemistry, Arden isn’t sure she wants to invite a man into her life that has never been in a committed relationship before. But Hayes is determined to prove to her that there’s more to him than meets the eye. He just needs Arden to take a chance.





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK



5 STARS

**I received an ARC for an honest review.**

I am in love with Joshua Hayes!!!! I was so ready and curious about his story. I wanted to know if he had something looming in his past, but he didn't. Well, just his promiscuous ways, but those were quickly done away with when he started to feel something for Arden. 

Arden had lived a terrible life before she had her daughter and met the fold of Willow Creek. Luckily she was able to get out of her toxic life, although it was not in the usual way...that should have been a dead giveaway that things were far from over. I loved Arden role as a mother. She put her daughter first always and I really loved that about her. I also loved that while trying to fight her attraction to Hayes because she should put her daughter first, she found that he too was including her daughter in all things. I loved that during this whole book Mia is never left out of anything. Things revolve around her and all of Hayes and Arden's decisions are made with Mia in mind. 

Now of course this wouldn't be an amazing read without some sort of drama that happens and guts you..well let me tell you I was gutted. I hated that Hayes, Arden and Mia had to go through such a horrible ordeal, but it made their bond so much stronger. I liked that Arden didn't push Hayes away, she did lash out, but she needed him to keep her together. I also love how Hayes finally broke when things were finally resolved..well partially resolved. I definitely teared up a few times with this book. 

I am a huge fan of this series. Probably one of the best crossover from YA to NA rocker series there is. I LOVED every book and all of the characters and their stories. 


Also Available



AMAZON US / UK








AMAZON US / UK







AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio




Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.



Author Links



Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment