Saturday, March 21, 2015

Review ... Loyalty and Lies by L.A. Cotton

Loyalty and Lies 




Synopsis
Eighteen-year-old Savanah Parry just moved three thousand miles across state to escape. The memories…the whispers…the pain.

Chastity Falls Academy is supposed to be her fresh start; her salvation. And when Ana meets mysterious Jackson, she begins to think it is. She hasn’t smiled in almost sixteen months; not since the night her life changed forever, and despite her guilt…her loyalty, Ana can’t deny that Jackson is breathing life back into her. With Jackson by her side, Ana wants to believe she can heal and move on. But she isn’t the only one living a lie, and the small private Academy has secrets of its own. All is not what it seems, and Ana is about to find herself in a tangled web of lies; fighting for survival, again.


Loyalties will be tested, lies will be told. Welcome to Chastity Falls.





Buy the book...
Amazon US / UK




4 STARS

**I won an ebook from a giveaway**

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book from the beginning. I just seemed like there was so much hidden and I didn't think that I could wait for things to come to light, but I am so glad that I was patient and read through. I really enjoyed the suspense of the book and the unraveling of the secrets. Even though they all weren't revealed at the end of the book you can pretty much piece it together, but I am looking forward to more of this story. I want to know what will happen for out two characters Ana and Jackson, I am pretty sure their story has only begun. 

The reason I couldn't give this a full five stars is because I felt Ana lacked a bit of backbone when it came to Jackson. I think her character could have been a little more assertive with him considering all that she has been through and what she is risking my being involved with him in the first place. But it didn't bother me enough to not like the story overall. Also I would have liked to know more about Jackson. I feel his character was left too much in the shadows so to speak. I would have liked to know more about what he was doing in all of his time that he wasn't with Ana. I guess I would have liked a few chapters in his POV, but again it did make me dislike the whole story. 

I am looking forward to more about Ana and Jackson all of the effed up stuff that happens as CFA. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment