Monday, April 28, 2014

That's a Promise (Promises, Promises, #1)That's a Promise by Victoria Klahr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One-I was gifted this book for and honest review...Two- This book is freaking awesome...emotional but awesome...Three- The characters in this book are very well written...Four-This storyline in very intense, emotional and all things a great romance should have including a steamy triangle...Five- I am so glad that I was gifted this book...

Okay so I mentioned that I was gifted this book for an honest review provided by the author for Crazy Daisy Book Whore blog...so I read the description on both goodreads and amazon before I started reading, but I did not read the other reviews ( I usually do but I didn't this time). I am so glad that I didn't because I wouldn't have wanted to accidentally run across any spoilers.

So this book switches between present day and 4 years earlier...at one point it flashes to 10 years but it was important to the story. When we first meet Josie/Jo/Jos/Pussy Cat it is present day and tragedy has just struck her family. She is in this daze and then she looks around and sees someone from her past that she does not want to see at all...then it flashes back to 4 years ago and we start to unravel to story that had me captivated.

This book is filled with tons of fantistic parts as well as sad and emotional parts. I won't give any names or any other things that happen because obviously the description of this book wants to leave somethings for the readed to discover. It takes the entire book to discover every little thing but it is so worth it. At one point I kind of had things figured out but I just couldn't wait to know for sure. This book has some shocking revelations that make you want to both hate and love the two main characters. I am madly in love with this series already and I have to know what happens next. The epilogue definietly left me wanting more.

You will both love and hate Josie...you will want to punch her in the face at some point and tell her to woman up...you will feel her pain and want nothing more than to comfort her...most of all you will be rooting for her to find herself...That's a Promise ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment